- Eliminates the costs of briquetting and disposal of your own production waste
- Allows you to produce additional commercial products not only by using your own waste (up to 15% of the output volume), but also by attracting up to 30% or more construction fibrous waste with a negative price – (300÷350) euros per ton, thereby also significantly reduces production costs
- Due to the use of induction heating in the melting furnace instead of coke and dielectric heating in the polymerization furnace instead of gas, the specific energy consumption can be reduced by almost 2 times
- Eliminates carbon dioxide emissions (almost 0 instead of 800÷900 kg/t of finished products)
- Reduces unit costs for personnel due to a significantly higher degree of automation, mechanization and control of the technological process, which also reduces production costs and the cost of finished products
Our company has developed platinum-free dies for Continuous Basalt Faber (CBF) with several quantity of holes from 200 to 600 and conducted their comprehensive tests.
Equipment designed to implement our technology consists of:
- Loading device for primary basalt fraction from 0 to 8 mm without any pre-processing (washing, sorting, etc.)
- Induction melting furnace with a specified temperature profile in four zones
- InLine mixer (a new one!)
- Electric feeder for 10 outlets
- 10 composite spinneret feeders (bushings)
As a result, a highly stable process to produce CBF has been developed, which includes high-speed induction melting of basalt, high-temperature heat treatment and low-temperature “casting” of filaments. The process makes it possible to improve the quality of basalt threads across the entire range of their diameters, line productivity by an average of 15%, and eliminate thread breakage during drawing.
Economic and operational characteristics of the above equipment set:
- Energy consumption per 1 ton of fiber 820 kWh
- Die output at 608 holes >30 kg/h
- The test period for the composite die was 90 days of continuous operation, the die (bushing) remained fully functional
- The diameter of the resulting fibers 9-16 µ, – depends on the drawing speed
- Price ratio compared to PtRh die (bushing) 1/15
During the tests there was not a single breakage of the drawn threads.
Works to increase performance of equipment will are continues.
• Capacity to continuously melt in 24/7 x 2 mode for basalt with an acid
modulus in the range of 0.9-2 7,23 t/h
• Complete crucible:
HTiegel= 2.732 mm
DTiegel= 1.156 mm
Weigt= 3.037 kg
• Double inductor:
Diameter: 1.176 mm
Height: 2.340 mm
• Specific power consumption 653 kWh/t
• Generator output (installed) 5.700 kW
• Energy losses 91 kWh/t
• Efficiency of the melting unit 86%
Melting zone: 1.270°C
Heat treatment zone: 1.600°C
Casting zone: 1.470°C (adjustable)
New induction unit IBE70-3.2 for melting mineral substances (dispersed glass, stone, various oxides and their mixtures, including fibrous waste and dust) of continuous operation in the temperature range from 1.100 to 2.100 ° C with a capacity of up to 7 t / h. Details on request.
We wish our customers, business partners and colleagues a Merry Christmas ️and all the best for 2023!
Our company attended the 16th Recy & DepoTech Conference. It took place in Leoben, Austria from November 9th to 11th. Our lecture “The inductive inline furnace for recycling and utilization of mineral waste and residues” was received with interest. The paper is available for download.. Vortrag_IBE_DepoTech2022
On October 15, 2022, our patent “Method for waste-free production of thermal insulation products from mineral wool” (AT 524875, priority dd. August 16, 2021) was published.
The invention relates to a cost-effective, environmentally friendly and resource-saving method for the manufacturing of insulation products from mineral wool, in which at the production section (A) the melt produced in a cupola or in an electric arc or gas melting furnace is fed to fiber formation unit and processed step by step into a mineral wool product.
The invention is based on the unique advantage of the in-line induction melting furnace developed by IBE, which allows to produce a continuous flow of melt from a mixture of granular and fibrous raw material with a grain size of up to 12 mm in any proportion.
By adding a production section (B), in which granular (mainly shots and fine-grained fraction of the feedstock) and fibrous production waste from both production sites are melted in the in-line induction melting furnace and processed into mineral wool products, the problem of waste-free production is solved.
The need for briquetting or waste disposal is thus eliminated. Besides, there is no need to add crushed production waste, which reduces the quality of the final product, to the newly produced fibers.
Mineral raw materials (basalt and dolomite) can be additionally fed into the in-line induction melting furnace, which allows to increase the total production volume at a relatively low cost.
Advantageously, both production sites have coordinated production planning and control, as well as a common infrastructure, including power supply and utilities, automation, logistics, raw material processing, production waste processing, binder processing, packaging, maintenance and repair.
Patent AT524875: https://www.ibe.at/publications/
On 10/01/22, the 25,000 ton induction melting unit for melting of basalt was launched at the Jizzax plant (Uzbekistan). Installation and commissioning on the rest of the production line continue.
IBE loose stone wool is an efficient and economical thermal insulation material consisting of impregnated mineral wool fibres. This product can be manufactured even after the completion and putting into operation of the melting and fiberizing unit as part of the complete production line. It can be easily pulled apart and is therefore particularly suitable for filling in cavities that are difficult to access or complex construction parts. Like as stone wool in general, IBE loose stone wool is non-flammable (building material class A1), heat and sound insulating, non-aging and chemically neutral. The product is easy and quick to use.
The silo and conveyor system is a system for storing, conveying and dosing the mineral input materials as well as for charging the melting furnace. Therefore, it is inevitable for commissioning of the plant. The installation work in this area is progressing rapidly. Three silo containers, metal constructions including stairs and a conveyor belt system for transporting the feed material from the silo system to the melting furnace have already been installed. Our on-site specialists coordinate the construction activities.