Unlike conventional hardening furnaces, the IBE drying and curing system operates on the principle of dielectric drying. The main advantage of this method is a homogenous warming-up of the mineral wool fleece made possible by a high-frequency alternating electric field applied at material with according properties.
Conventional drying/curing is done with hot air:
- The air flows through the panel.
- In case of high thickness of panels and high densities this principle gets to its limits (heating of an insulator).
- Outer zone is hardened first, the core determines the process time.
Alternative technology: dielectric drying
- energy input via condenser plates
- homogenous warming up of the product across the entire cross-section
- utilization of reaction energy (exothermal process energy)
- lower energy consumption
- less space required
- modular construction
- no cooling zone needed